- Disc Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Winter Sports
- Winton Centre/Administrative Offices (513) 521-7275
- Boathouse (513) 931-1849
- Winton Woods Campground (513) 851-2267
- Meadow Links & Golf Academy Pro Shop (513) 825-3701
- The Mill Course Pro Shop (513) 825-3770
- Mill Race Banquet Center (513) 825-6467
- Parky’s Farm (513) 521-3276
- Winton Woods Riding Center (513) 931-3057.
- Adventure Outpost (513) 521-2345
10245 Winton Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45231
I-275 to Winton Road-Forest Park exit, south on Winton Road to park entrances on left and right. Also accessible via Ronald Reagan-Cross County Highway to Winton Road exit, north on Winton Road to park entrances on left and right. (Metro Bus Stop: Route 20 - no Sunday service.)
Open daily, dawn to dusk.
Sharing Memories at Winton Woods
Since the 1940s, Winton Woods has been a popular destination for thousands of residents and visitors to Cincinnati. Many great memories have been made over the years, and we have all come to enjoy the great features that this 2,555-acre park has to offer, including its miles of trails, Winton Lake, camping at the recently renovated campground, challenging golf courses, live farm animals at Parky's Farm, horseback riding at the Riding Center, exciting team-building activities at Adventure Outpost and much more. So how did this great park come to be?
Winton Woods History at a Glance
- 1939: Lease signed with the Federal Government for 905 acres near Greenhills known as the Greenhills Park Area, later known as Winton Woods.
- 1943: U.S. Army practiced maneuvers and bivouac during WWII. "Victory Gardens" of hay, soybeans and corn were grown in Winton Woods.
- 1946: Winton Woods golf course construction began. Winton Woods Archery Center recognized as one of the finest archery centers in this part of the country.
- 1949: The Schott family summer cottage was moved from its original site (at the current campground) to serve as the Winton Woods Golf Clubhouse. It was replaced in 1992.
- 1950: First Winton Woods picnic areas opened.
- 1951: The Winton Woods Golf Course opened (now known as The Mill Course). Lease signed with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for 529 acres, leading to the excavation of Winton Lake as a flood control reservoir.
- 1953: West Fork Dam was completed, costing $3,535,000.
- 1954: The Winton Woods Riding Center opened. The Winton Queen started tours of Winton Lake.
- 1957: Camping was offered along the lakeshore, providing great access to fishing.
- 1989: Winton Centre opened.
- 1990: Hayloft Barn was completed (built with beams and siding from the original barn at that location).
- 1994: Meadow Links & Golf Academy, the renovated Mill Course and new Mill Race Banquet Center opened.
- 1995: Winton Lake was dredged, removing silt and sediment buildup from urbanization and natural processes, improving lake conditions and habitat.
- 1996: Winton Woods Harbor renovated, new boathouse, hike/bike trail, horseback riding trail and playgrounds.
- 1998: The Harbor and Boathouse reopened, Harper Meadows reservable picnic areas opened and new overnight camping cabins were installed.
- 2003: Adventure Outpost opened in the summer and paddle programs began in 2007.
- 2007: Winton Woods Lake reached its highest flood level in history, surpassing the previous record set in January of 1959 and leaving much of the park inaccessible. The West Fork Dam held back flood waters that rose nearly 25 feet above the normal, 675 feet.
- 2008: Campground renovated, including new sites and deluxe cabins. The campground opened in 2009.
- 2012: Two universally accessible playgrounds installed at Harper Meadows as part of the Corporate Volunteer Program. More than 60 volunteers from U.S. Bank installed the playgrounds.
- Today: Great Parks of Hamilton County continues to grow, thanks to the strong backing from park supporters and visitors. Great Parks looks forward to the future and continued advancements in recreation, education and conservation not only in Winton Woods, but throughout all of the parks.