- Winter Sports
This beatifully landscaped park includes a 1.0-mile paved trail and the 1.6-mile Wetland Loop nature trail (skates, scooters and bikes prohibited) and formal gardens, prairies, forests and wetlands. The gift shop offers a variety of nature-related merchandise. The Gardenview Room may be reserved for small group events.
10397 Springfield Pike Cincinnati, OH 45215
Located on Route 4 at the intersection of Glendale-Milford Road in Woodlawn. (Metro Bus Stop: Route 78 - 3 minute walk.)
Open daily, dawn to dusk.
Glenwood Gardens was made possible in part by the generosity of the Benedict and Burchenal families. In 1963, Great Parks of Hamilton County Commissioner Sam Benedict donated approximately 85 acres in Woodlawn to the Park District. This land was named Trillium Trails Wildflower Preserve for its bountiful trilliums. Mr. Benedict served as Park Commissioner for 22 years (1958-1980).
In 1993, Mrs. Mary Burchenal bequeathed to the Park District her residence, Cotswold, and approximately 11 acres of property surrounding the residence. Because of Mrs. Burchenal’s generosity, and with support of her family, the Park District acquired an additional 238 acres, allowing for the preservation of undisturbed greenspace between Trillium Trails and Winton Woods.
Glenwood Gardens opened to the public in July, 2001, offering both paved and gravel nature trails with views of the Mill Creek and restored wetlands and prairie. Highfield Discovery Garden opened in July, 2004, along with the Cotswold Visitor Centre.
The previous owners of the property called it "Cotswold" named for its resemblance to the rolling pasture land in Cotswold England. One look from the Cotswold Overlook and you will understand why it was named. The Cotswold Garden features the overlook onto rolling meadows and open woodlands, the collection of plants within this garden are both local and international. Ranging from the unusual Ohio blue ash to the feathery pink-tipped African Tamarix. The unique fountain, constructed of granite blocks salvaged from the Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce building of 1911, graces the circular garden. The gentle bubbling fountain creates a calm cool effect.