The University of the Great Outdoors (UGO), stationed at Adventure Outpost in Winton Woods, encourages outdoor recreation, good health and nature appreciation in the great outdoors. Throughout the year, UGO programs are offered at various parks with an emphasis on adventure, wilderness skills and exercise. Each season offers opportunities to get outside and challenge yourself with fun, educational programs.
In the spring, summer and fall, we offer:
- Wilderness Skills programs like Orienteering, Fire, Survival In a Bottle, Trip Preparedness and Dealing with Emergencies and more!
- Outdoor Climbing Basics programs on our climbing wall
- Mini Triathlon (on Memorial Day and Labor Day) that includes running, biking and paddling
- Friday Night Floats, Canoe or Kayak Quick Starts and River Trips led by ACA certified instructors, run from May through October
- Walk Club (Program runs from March-November and is geared for ages 50 and over)
- Glow Disc Golf on Winton Woods disc golf course
- Outdoor Archery programs
- Little Miami Scenic Bike Trial Rides
- Night Bike Rides at Miami Whitewater Forest
- Dinner Bike Tour on the Little Miami Scenic Trail
- Guided Backpacking Trips
Check out these programs in the winter:
- Wilderness Skills programs, including Survival in a Bottle, Fire, Map and Compass, Trip Planning and Dealing with Emergencies, Campfire Cooking, Backcounty Cooking and Nutrition.
- Also join us for Introduction to Backpacking, Introduction to Rock Climbing, and Introduction to Winter Backpacking
- Ready for an adventure? Register for Trip Preparation and Caving Workshop and join us on a Mammoth Cave Trip; or enjoy a Wilderness Day Hike with us!
There’s plenty of activities to choose from…so get outside with us to learn, play and enjoy the great outdoors! See a full list of current programs and activities on the Great Parks events calendar.
Private programs are also available. For more information, call Adventure Outpost at 513-521-2345.