The University of the Great Outdoors (UGO), stationed at Adventure Outpost in Winton Woods, encourages outdoor recreation, good health and nature appreciation in the great outdoors. Throughout the year, UGO programs are offered at various parks with an emphasis on adventure, wilderness skills and exercise. Each season offers opportunities to get outside and challenge yourself with fun, educational programs.
In the spring, summer and fall, we offer:
- Wilderness Skills programs like Orienteering I, II, III, Survival In a Bottle and Wilderness First Aid
- Outdoor Climbing Basics programs on our climbing wall
- Mini Triathlon (on Memorial Day and Labor Day) that includes running, biking and paddling
- Friday Night Floats, Canoe or Kayak Quick Starts and River Trips led by ACA certified instructors, run from May through October
- Walk Club (Program runs from March-November and is geared for ages 50 and over)
- Glow Disc Golf on Winton Woods disc golf course
- Outdoor Archery programs
- Little Miami Scenic Bike Trial Series
- Night Bike Rides at Miami Whitewater Forest
- Dinner Bike Tour and Lunch Bike Ride on the Little Miami Scenic Trail
- Guided Backpacking Trips
Check out these programs in the winter:
- Wilderness Skills programs, including Winter Survival, Wilderness First Aid, Fire, Water, Shelter, Knots, Orienteering I thru III, Night Navigation, Food, Snares and Signaling
- Wilderness Skills Winter Challenge
- Don't forget to visit the Rock Climbing Wall at the Cincinnati Travel, Sport and Boat Show in January
There’s plenty of activities to choose from…so get outside with us to learn, play and enjoy the great outdoors! See a full list of current programs and activities on the Great Parks events calendar.
Private programs are also available. For more information, call Adventure Outpost at 513-521-2345.