Online Reservations


About Online Reservations

Welcome to the Great Parks of Hamilton County's online reservation system. Please note that online reservations are currently available for campsites and picnic shelters only. If you have reserved a campsite with Great Parks in the past, you may use your same username and password for picnic shelter reservations. If you have reserved other areas in the parks, such as shelters, lodges or banquet centers, you are already on file with Great Parks and should call Guest Services at 513-521-7275 Monday–Friday, between 8 a.m.-4 p.m., to be assigned a username and password prior to making your first online reservation.

Importance Notice: Reservations for 2015

Great Parks will begin the process of improving our online reservation system on September 30, 2014. All reservations for camping and picnic shelters for 2015 are secure. However, after September 30, 2014, reservations for 2015 cannot be canceled or modified for several months.

Important Dates

  • Tuesday, September 30, 2014: Final day to place, modify or cancel campground or picnic shelter reservations for 2015 (reservations can be made up to a year in advance)
  • October 1–December 31, 2014: Reservations for the remainder of 2014 are still accepted by phone or in person.
  • Monday, January 5, 2015: Online reservations for picnic shelters resume. Existing 2015 picnic shelter reservations can now be cancelled or modified online.
  • Monday, January 12, 2015: Phone and in-person reservations for picnic shelters resume at Guest Services.
  • Sunday, March 1, 2015: Online reservations for camping resume – including for 2015 Halloween Creepy Campout weekends. Existing 2015 camping reservations can now be cancelled or modified online.
  • Friday, March 6, 2015: Phone and in-person reservations for camping resume at the Winton Woods Campground Office and Miami Whitewater Forest Boathouse.

Thank you for your patience during this transition! If you have any questions, please contact:

Picnic Shelters:
Guest Services, Winton Centre at Winton Woods: 513-521-7275
Mon–Fri, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.

Winton Woods Campground Office: 513-851-2267

Dates Sunday - Thursday Friday - Saturday
Opening Day: March 6    
Mar 6 - Apr 19 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Apr 20 - May 21 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
May 22 - Sep 7 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sep 8 - Oct 25 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Oct 26 - Nov 8 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Nov 9 - Nov 29 noon - 5 p.m. 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.



Winton Woods, Miami Whitewater Forest, Steamboat Bend

For campground reservation assistance, call 513-851-2267 or email


Picnic Areas

Select a park to continue to online reservations.

Embshoff Woods | Fernbank Park | Lake Isabella | Miami Whitewater Forest | Sharon Woods | Shawnee Lookout | Winton Woods | Woodland Mound

While winter discount rates are in effect (November 1-April 15), some picnic shelter and campground restrooms and showers may be closed. For a detailed list, call Guest Services at 513-521-7275.


Do I need a Motor Vehicle Permit?
All vehicles entering Great Parks of Hamilton County must display a valid Great Parks' Motor Vehicle Permit (MVP). MVPs can be purchased at park entrance booths, visitor centers, boathouses, campgrounds, golf pro shops, ranger stations or online for $3/day or $10/year.

Guests reserving a picnic area or shelter may pre-purchase annual or daily permits. Please allow up to two weeks for preparation and delivery by mail to the reserving guest. All permits must be distributed by the reserving guest to attendees prior to the day of the event.

All vehicles are required to display a valid motor vehicle permit. If an RV is not towing a vehicle, then the RV must display a valid motor vehicle permit. If an RV is towing a vehicle, then only the towed vehicle is required to have a valid permit. Towed units, including trailers, fifth wheels and pop-ups, are not required to display a motor vehicle permit.

What types of online payment are accepted?
Mastercard and Visa are accepted for online payment. For security reasons, the name, address and ZIP code you provide when placing an online reservation must match the information on file with your credit card issuer.

Is this reservation system secure?
Great Parks' reservation system has been developed by USeDirect of Huntington, New York. They specialize in custom solutions for agencies such as ours that provide recreational activities and reservations. For your security, all personal information provided is securely stored locally and is not sold or shared. Credit card processing utilizes 128 bit encryption and we are VeriSign secured.

Where can I view campsite photos?
Campers can view photos of every campsite at Winton Woods and Miami Whitewater Forest campgrounds prior to placing reservations online: click here

Where can I view picnic shelter photos?
You may view photos of many of the reservable picnic areas prior to placing reservations online: click here

Can I change my campground reservation?
You may also modify your reservation online, changing the campsite number, check-in date or number of nights if more than 30 days in advance. Any cancellations or changes less than 30 days, but more than 48 hours in advance, require that you call the Winton Woods Campground Office (513-851-2267).

Can I reschedule my picnic area reservation?
You may reschedule your date at no charge with a minimum of 30 days notice.

Can I get a refund for my campground reservation?
All reservations must be paid in full when placed. Your online payment will show up on your credit statement as "" You may cancel your reservation online more than 30 days in advance of check-in for a full refund. If it is less than 30 days refunds cannot be issued, but a credit (valid for one year) will be applied to your account. There is no refund or credit if the reservation is less than 48 hours in advance of check-in.

Can I get a refund for my picnic area reservation?
Reservation fees are refundable if reserving guest gives written notice at least 30 days prior to reservation date. Reservations will not be canceled until written notice is received. All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee. If severe inclement weather on the day of the reservation causes picnic area to become unsafe or unusable, reserving guest may request a refund. The refund request must be received within one week following the original reservation date. All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee. Inclement weather includes rain, lightning, storms, but does not include temperatures such as too hot or too cold, nor does it include light showers or the appearance of showers. Weather conditions must be verified with Park Rangers.

How do I redeem a campground reservation credit?
If you have credits in our reservation system, they must be redeemed by calling the Winton Woods Campground Office (513-851-2267) or stopping by in person during the camping season. Credits cannot be redeemed online and must be used within one calendar year from the date it was issued. Credits are valid for campsite or cabin rentals only.

Do you accept Senior Citizen/Golden Buckeye Card discounts?
Great Parks of Hamilton County offers seniors 60 years or older and Ohio Golden Buckeye Cardholders discounted camping rates from Sunday through Thursday nights. Cabins are not discounted. Campers who reserve online will have the opportunity to select the discounted rate. At check-in, proof of eligibility for this discount may be requested.

Is there a maximum number of campsites I can reserve online?
Guests are limited to reserving a maximum number of nine campsites online. Groups of 10 sites or more should contact the Winton Woods Campground Office (513-851-2267).

What taxes are charged on cabin rentals?
The Camping Cabins and Deluxe Cabins are subject to sales and excise taxes totaling 13%. These taxes are applied to the sale and are not included in the cabin price.

Is alcohol allowed at the picnic shelters?
Beer, liquor and wine are permitted within reserved area only. If alcohol is being served, the reserving guest must comply with applicable liquor laws. If alcohol is being sold, in any manner, the reserving guest is to contact the State of Ohio for applicable liquor permit requirements. If a permit is required, the reserving guest must provide Great Parks of Hamilton County in advance of the reservation with a copy of the permit and proof of liquor liability insurance naming Great Parks of Hamilton County as an additional insured.

Do picnic sites have electricity?
Electricity is not available at most picnic sites. If you are planning on having attractions/special equipment at your event (moon bounce, dunking tank, pony rides) certain requirements must be met. Please call for more details. Great Parks does not participate nor take any responsibility in the setup or filling of any attraction.

Who should I contact in case of an emergency?
In case of emergency, please dial 911. For non-emergency response by rangers, call 513-825-2280. If you have any other questions after office hours, please call 513-521-3980.

Is music or sound allowed in the reserved area?
Noise or amplified sound must not disturb or interfere with any other activity outside the reserved area. Live music, disc jockeys (DJ’s), and karaoke music are prohibited without written permission from the Director.

What if I need to have a delilvery made to the reserved area?
Deliveries must be made during period of occupancy with a member of reserving group present. All equipment, containers, etc. must be removed from the premises before final departure. Only tape may be used to affix decorations to shelters or tables, however, all tape must be removed at the end of the event.

Can I post any signs directing guests to my reserved site?
Great Parks will post a sign at the reserved area indicating the group that is scheduled that day. All other signs are prohibited in Great Parks including the entrances.

What are the restrictions on fires and firewood?
Cutting or chopping of trees, limbs and vegetation, collection of natural materials, and molesting wildlife is strictly prohibited. Fires are permitted in grills or fireplaces only. Please do not burn garbage or any other materials that will emit excess sparks. Do not leave fire unattended and make sure fire is completely out before leaving the area.

When are we required to leave the picnic area and are we required to do any clean-up?
Reserved picnic areas must be vacated by dark. The reserving group will be held responsible for clean up and any damage to the area. All garbage must be placed in the provided receptacles and any decorations taken down. Person/Group reserving area will be invoiced for any damages or excessive litter.