Discovery Garden is a place for growing. A tree grows from an acorn. A butterfly grows from a caterpillar. A giant
flower grows from a tiny seed. And a child grows from the discovery of a lifetime.
Highfield Discovery Garden in Glenwood Gardens is located at 10397 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio 45215. Take I-75 to the Woodlawn/Evendale exit; travel west on Glendale-Milford Road, cross Springfield Pike to park entrance on the left. Click here for specific directions.
While this two acre garden is geared toward children ages 3 - 8, it is a delight to the senses what ever your age! It is designed to encourage children to explore the natural world in a fun engaging environment. There are seven smaller gardens to explore within Highfield Discovery Garden.
- Discovery Tree - a 25' tree accessible tree house.
- Frog & Toad Garden - is actually a pond! Look for frog and toads!
- Wizard's Garden - located through the forest and across the swinging bridge.
- Trolley Garden - a small garden railways with trains and trolley weaves
through a storybook garden.
- Vegetable Garden - raised beds put kids at eye level with common and not-so-common vegetables and herbs.
- Grandma's Scent Garden - all of the plants in this garden have an interesting
scent or texture and you can have a pretend tea party in
Grandma's Tea House.
- Butterfly Garden - not only is this garden planted in the shape of a butterfly it
Is full of plants to attract adult butterflies and provide food for caterpillar, there
Is even a Caterpillar tunnel of willow for you to walk through.
- Fairy Garden
We're looking for your suggestions for classes for kids. We've offered plants stakes workshops, flower pounding, treasure boxes and a painted "quilt" class. What classes do your kids have an interest in?
While visiting Highfield Discovery Garden, stop and discover the Nature's Niche store at Glenwood Gardens. Located within the Cotswold Visitor Centre, this new garden store features all sorts of furnishings and tools for your garden as well as great garden gadgets for kids. We also offer unique gifts for that someone special.
Dogs are not permitted in Highfield Discovery Garden.